Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ileana backs to Tamil Cinema after Kedi2010.30


illiilena-pokkil-showIleana
is one of the top actresses in Telugu cinema, and Kollywood producers have been trying to lure her to Tamil cinema for a while now. She had earlier debuted in Tamil in Kedi opposite Ravikrishna and Kollywood’s current hot property Tamannaah.
Ileana, the petite Goan beauty and the queen of Tollywood, was in Chennai recently to launch the dance studio of choreographer Shobi.
About her upcoming film with Vikram, she said, “At the moment, talks are still going on. I was excited about doing a film with the Vikram-Vikram K. Kumar combination as the script was very gripping. It’s unfortunate that the director has been changed. Now, it’s a completely different script. I’m yet to meet the new team and discuss the finalities of the project. I’m keeping my fingers crossed… let’s see how it goes.”
“I look for a significant role. I don’t generally like playing roles that have me crying for the hero all the time. I like doing roles that show me as a strong-headed, independent girl,” she added.
Asked about the importance of learning a language, she replied, “Language is very important. And, if you know the local language, it’s such a big advantage. In Telugu cinema, I try my best to memorize entire dialogues but sometimes it becomes a bit tedious. For Kollywood, I’ll be prepare myself by watching many Tamil films.”

Finally, when asked about her thoughts on Chennai, she said, “I have been to the city on work before and loved being here. I’m looking forward to spending more time here in the future and exploring its sights and sounds. But I think Hyderabad is a superb city too.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment