Friday, August 20, 2010

Suriya to do another Bollywood movie20

suriyaIt seems Bollywood is coming closer to Suriya even as he is distancing himself from the country’s numero uno film industry.


Only recently, the actor, who is making his Hindu debut with Ram Gopal Varma’s ‘Raktha Charithra’, clarified that south Indian cinema is close to his heart and his focus would always be on south and not Bollywood.


“I am not looking at making a full-fledged career in Bollywood. And I am not shifting my base to Mumbai. I have never pushed myself for Hindi cinema. If I get to do different roles that excite me then I will surely love to do Hindi movies. But I will not stop doing films down south,” he said.


Meanwhile, the latest news in the trade is that ‘7 am Arivu’, the actor’s forthcoming film directed by A R Murugadoss, will be made in Hindi as well. Producer Udhayanidhi Stalin wants to release the movie in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi simultaneously, sources say.


Interestingly, making trilinguals is becoming a trend in Kollywood of late, at least for ‘big films’. Two other similar projects which are currently in the pipeline are Suriya’s own ‘Raktha Charithra’ and Superstar Rajinikanth’s ‘Endhiran’.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment